At the law firm of Gilbert and Smallman we understand the seriousness of a criminal offense. The consequences of a conviction can affect the rest of your life. If you have been charged with a criminal offense in Miami or Fort Lauderdale such as Practicing Medicine without a license, contact us immediately. We will work quickly to build a strong defense and to obtain a favorable outcome in your case. Call us for a free initial consultation and see what we can do for you.
If you are caught practicing medicine without a license, a person may face potential prison time of up to five years and a fine of up to $5,000.00 per count. In addition, many severe sanctions and civil penalties may exist. Contact one of our trial attorneys in Miami or Fort Lauderdale today to set up your free consultation in order to protect your rights. We have offices conveniently located in either downtown Miami or downtown Fort Lauderdale. Call us now and you will get to speak directly to one of our top criminal defense attorneys.
See below for the Florida Statute relating to Practicing Medicine without a License:
(1) Each of the following acts constitutes a felony of the third degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082, s. 775.083, or s. 775.084:
(a) The practice of medicine or an attempt to practice medicine without a license to practice in Florida.
(b) The use or attempted use of a license which is suspended or revoked to practice medicine.
(c) Attempting to obtain or obtaining a license to practice medicine by knowing misrepresentation.
(d) Attempting to obtain or obtaining a position as a medical practitioner or medical resident in a clinic or hospital through knowing misrepresentation of education, training, or experience.
(2) Each of the following acts constitutes a misdemeanor of the first degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082 or s. 775.083:
(a) Knowingly concealing information relating to violations of this chapter.
(b) Making any willfully false oath or affirmation whenever an oath or affirmation is required by this chapter.
(c) Referring any patient, for health care goods or services, to a partnership, firm, corporation, or other business entity in which the physician or the physician’s employer has an equity interest of 10 percent or more unless, prior to such referral, the physician notifies the patient of his or her financial interest and of the patient’s right to obtain such goods or services at the location of the patient’s choice. This section does not apply to the following types of equity interest:
1. The ownership of registered securities issued by a publicly held corporation or the ownership of securities issued by a publicly held corporation, the shares of which are traded on a national exchange or the over-the-counter market;
2. A physician’s own practice, whether he or she is a sole practitioner or part of a group, when the health care good or service is prescribed or provided solely for the physician’s own patients and is provided or performed by the physician or under the physician’s supervision; or
3. An interest in real property resulting in a landlord-tenant relationship between the physician and the entity in which the equity interest is held, unless the rent is determined, in whole or in part, by the business volume or profitability of the tenant or is otherwise unrelated to fair market value.
(d) Leading the public to believe that one is licensed as a medical doctor, or is engaged in the licensed practice of medicine, without holding a valid, active license.
(e) Practicing medicine or attempting to practice medicine with an inactive or delinquent license.
Fill out form below to have one of our experienced trial attorneys contact you immediately. (All communications are protected by Attorney / Client privilege):
ADDRESS Law Offices of Gilbert & Smallman PLLC 3475 Sheridan St. #301 Hollywood, FL 33021 CELL (954) 661-7371 OFFICE (954) 251-3106 FAX (954) 404-6003
ADDRESS Law Offices of Gilbert & Smallman PLLC The White Building One Northeast Second Ave, Suite 200 Miami, FL 33132 CELL (786) 371-4431 OFFICE (786) 863-8568
ADDRESS Law Offices of Gilbert & Smallman PLLC 909 East Park Avenue Tallahassee, FL 32301 OFFICE (850) 391-7045 FAX (850) 391-6152
ADDRESS Law Offices of Gilbert & Smallman PLLC 12550 Biscayne Blvd, Suite 800 North Miami, FL 33181 CELL (786) 371-4431 OFFICE (786) 863-8568 FAX (954) 404-6003